Skip Navigation

Undergraduate Research Conference Travel Support Form

Penn State undergraduates who are presenting the results of their research or creative work at national or regional professional conferences may request financial support to defray the costs of attendance at the conference. If the request is approved, the student's college of enrollment Dean's Office, the Office of Undergraduate Education, and the sponsoring academic department will each share 1/3 of the costs. If the student is enrolled in the Schreyer Honors College, the distribution will be 1/4 college, 1/4 Undergraduate Education, 1/4 department, and 1/4 Schreyer Honors College. The contribution from the Office of Undergraduate Education is capped at $300 per student. Students must be a conference presenter to be eligible for Undergraduate Education funding and the presentation must be related to the student's academic program.

The Undergraduate Research Travel Support Form (Word document; PDF) together with a statement of support from the faculty mentor, should be submitted to the student's academic department for approval and forwarding to the college's associate dean's office at least thirty days before the travel date. The associate dean's office will send the form to the Office of Undergraduate Education (or the Schreyer Honors College, if appropriate, which will then send it to the Office of Undergraduate Education). Once all approvals are obtained, the Office of Undergraduate Education will notify the college associate dean's office. NOTE: Multiple requests from the same academic department to attend the same conference should be submitted together.

To begin this process, the student should complete the travel request form, fill it out with the endorsement of his or her academic adviser/mentor and send the completed form to the academic department for approval.

Questions or comments about the form or related procedures should be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Education at or (814) 863-1864.